There are lessons for all ages at Musical Matters.
- Wunderkeys is especially designed for students aged 3-5 to promote school-readiness in maths as well as piano-playing skills. The three books develop children's recognition and manipulation of patterns preparing them for Kindergarten maths while building the muscle strength and fine-motor skills in their fingers, necessary to playing the piano. Pre-school lessons are scheduled in the mornings to allow maximum engagement and fun.
- Beginner piano lessons utilise the beginner and intermediate courses created by Encore Music Education. Students from 4 and a half years old sing, move and learn to play the piano in fun lessons. Adult beginners are welcome - it is never too late to take up the piano, and what a wonderful pastime it can be.
- Violin lessons are also available for students age 4-up. The emphasis for each lesson is on singing, moving and playing the violin. Ensemble playing is encouraged from the very beginning.
- Musicianship lessons are available for all students. All intermediate and advanced students should attend a theory class each week.
- AMEB Exam preparation classes are for students sitting an AMEB instrumental exam. These classes run for 8 weeks leading up to a student's exam preparing them for those extra parts of the syllabus: General Knowledge, Aural Tests, Sight Reading with some performance and test condition practice thrown in. These lessons are open to anyone whether they are a student at Musical Matters or not. Classes run for 45 minutes, with a minimum of 3 students, allowing instrumental teachers and students to free up private lesson time for technical requirements and repertoire.
For more information about the Encore Music Education system, please click on the link below